Join The Akashian Challenge
With a sprawling challenge that encompasses three phases over eight weeks, and massive token rewards—3,000,000 Akash Tokens (AKT) or 3% of the 100,000,000 AKT that will ever be pre-mined at genesis—, The Akashian Challenge invites you to leverage your technical and social cunning
to maneuver your way to victory.
Inspired by ecosystem projects from our partners and friends, such as Cosmos Game of Stakes, Solana Tour de Sol, and Kava Founder Rewards, The Akashian Challenge enables us to strengthen the scalability, security, and usability of our platform.
Play as an individual or part of a team. Validators who persevere will be generously rewarded.
Phase 1 is live. Let the games begin!
Review Docs Join Our Telegram
The Akashian Challenge
The Akashian Challenge is live now (April 30th, 2020), and run for 8 weeks in three distinct phases:
Phase 1 comprises four separate, week-long stages with different objectives. Participants earn tokens by solving different challenges related to operating and validating the Akash Blockchain. The challenges will range from setting up Akash nodes to governing the network.
- Bring a network live in a decentralized manner with a minimum set of 64 validators
- Verify and test network upgrade procedures, identify and fix any gaps
- Stress test the network to understand scalability parameters
- Drive community participation for contributions to code and documentation
- Encourage engagement across teams for a self-sustaining ecosystem
During Phase 1, we’ll be testing four releases of Akash Network in the span of four weeks starting April 30th, 2020:
- Each of these releases have important milestones published here.
- Instructions for getting started on Centauri are published here.
- Instructions for each release will be published before the week begins.
|Centauri||The goal of Centauri release is to launch the network in a decentralized manner with a minimum set of 64 validators||April 30th, 2020 1500 UTC||May 8th, 2020 1600 UTC|
|Sirius||The goal for Serius release is to verify and test network upgrade procedures; identify and fix any gaps||May 11th, 2020 1600 UTC||May 15th, 2020 1600 UTC|
|Eridani||The goal of Eridani release is to test resilience of the network against corrupted upgrades. There might be a case where the upgrade binaries will be available only after the proposal is passed.
What if something is wrong with the new binary? Skipping the upgrade is the best way to handle such cases
|May 18th, 2020 1600 UTC||May 22th, 2020 1600 UTC|
|Cygni||Cygni upgrade will require features for Akash Phase 2. The goal is to ensure upgrades happen without friction, and coordination gaps are identified and fixed||May 25th, 2020 1600 UTC||May 29th, 2020 1600 UTC|
Phase 1 has four categories of rewards a team can earn by completing tasks for the category. Each participant can earn upto 67,556 AKT. A detailed reward schedule for Phase 1 is published here. Below is a summary:
|One-Off||Mandatory tasks to be completed to collect the phase completion reward||1,667|
|Phase Completion||Reward for completing all the one-off rewards||10,000|
|Bonus||Bonus challenges that earn extra rewards but are not mandatory||33,667|
|Bi-Weekly||Bi-weekly rewards with a surprise (details soon)||22,222|
Centauri is the first release of the testnet and has three critical milestones that eventually lead to the launch of the network on May 8th, 2020 1600 UTC.
Follow the Phase 1 guide for instructions.
|GenTx Submission||April 30th, 2020 1500 UTC||May 6th, 2020 1500 UTC|
|Genesis Release||May 7th, 2020 1500 UTC||May 7th, 2020 1500 UTC|
|Network Live||May 8th, 2020 1600 UTC||May 8th, 2020 1600 UTC|
Phase 2 involves setting up a secure, production-ready, and scalable data center operation as a provider and/or validator on the Akash Network. The goal of this phase is to test various adversarial conditions, identify security loopholes and scalability limits of the Akash platform. Beyond setting up the operations, participants are incentivized to stress test the limits of the Akash Network.
Phase 3 incentivizes developers to build on the Akash Network. Developers earn tokens by deploying applications. The most creative applications will be selected every two weeks by committee and the public in a live-streamed ceremony.
- Registration: Submit the form here. Once the form is submitted, our team will review the information and integrate the information into a publicly viewable spreadsheet for tracking.
- KYC/AML: Complete KYC/AML here.
- Tax Documents: W-8 BEN or W9. Once your KYC application is approved, our team will send either a W-8 BEN for international participants or a W9 via HelloSign.
- Status: The status of your participation agreement will be tracked along with the other registration information. We will also notify you upon completion or rejection of any submitted participation agreements.
- Registration Open: April 23, 2020
- Rewards Details: April 28, 2020
- Phase 1: April 30, 2020
- Phase 2: TBA
- Phase 3: TBA
Goals for Incentivization
- Establish clear objectives for each challenge while ensuring validators’ creative freedom
- Identify desired behavior from validators and reward accordingly
- Ensure participants are rewarded for actual efforts rather than access to capital (level the playing field)
- Design a reward structure to incentivize long term participation instead of short term financial gain
- Maintain fairness throughout the competition
A total of 3 million AKT (3% of AKT) is allocated for rewards that include:
- 64 Finalist Rewards
- One-Off Challenges
- Phase Completion
- Top 5, 10, 20 Finalists
- Bi-Weekly Winners
- Bonus Challenges
Below is the proposed reward schedule and individual rewards may vary depending on the number of participants. We may shuffle rewards as we introduce challenges for each phase.
|Phase 1||666,667 AKT|
|Phase 2||666,667 AKT|
|Phase 3||666,667 AKT|
|Ecosystem Tooling||500,000 AKT|
|Top 3 Block Explores||200,000|
|Top 3 Wallets||200,000|
|Top 3 Dashboards||100,000|
In addition to their token rewards, the Top 5 Finalists (individuals or teams) for The Akashian Challenge will receive our Supermini portable supercomputer at launch later this year (only 300 Superminis available at launch).