We’re grateful for the continued support of our global community as we build the world’s first decentralized cloud marketplace.
In the first half of the year, we successfully:
- launched our incentivized testnet, The Akashian Challenge, with 106 active validators
- sold through our first run of 300 Superminis within 3 weeks
- doubled our team, and expanded global support to Chinese and Russian audiences
Today, as we enter the fourth quarter of the year, we’re excited to share a number of exciting updates to our product roadmap.
Akash Network Mainnet 1
Over the past few weeks, and immediately after Phase 2 of The Akashian Challenge incentivized testnet in July, our team focused on Q4 roadmap planning while preparing to integrate upstream software updates to Cosmos SDK.
Additionally, we are:
- continuing to improve the platform and ship releases.
- organizing our developer ecosystem, partnerships, data center operations, get started guides, deployment tools, and more
- expanding our efforts with content and community programming, both in our official Telegram, as well as our international presence in China and Russia (our second and third largest global audiences)
Akash Network’s Mainnet is scheduled for launch on Wednesday, September 23rd at 9AM PST/4PM UTC.
Our core focus areas for Akash Network’s Mainnet launch are the following:
- Launch with 64 validators
- Ensure network stability
- Support staking, and enable transfers via governance
Leading up to Mainnet, we’ll be following up with our testnet participants to confirm they’ve completed KYC before distribution of Akash Token (AKT). We’ll also be collecting genesis wallet addresses from AKT holders, including all participants in our first testnet in Q4 of 2019, The Akashian Challenge: Phase 1, and Phase 2, as well as our stakeholders.
The Akashian Challenge: Phase 3 Testnet
Phase 3 of The Akashian Challenge incentivized testnet will serve as the launchpad for Mainnet 2. We’ll be dedicating 1,000,000 AKTs in rewards, and are aiming for a mid-to-late October launch, leading up to Mainnet 2 in November 2020.
Our goal for Phase 3 is to build a catalogue of deployed applications, and further expand on the initial testnet’s success:
- 1,800+ deployed applications, ranging from privacy-preserving to machine learning deployed applications
- Onboarded 160 unique cloud providers from all over the world
- Grew at 130% Week-over-Week over a 5-week period
Leading up to Phase 3, we’ll also be focused on streamlining cloud providers’ on-boarding processes, and testing OSS applications.
From all of us at Akash Network, we sincerely appreciate your continued support, and look forward to closing 2020 strong with all of you.
Stay tuned for more announcements, and join our Telegram for the latest updates.