We’re excited to announce the launch of The Akashian Challenge Phase 1: Node Operations today.
Phase 1 is the start of our three phase incentivized testnet challenge that will take place over the next eight weeks, with 3,000,000 Akash Tokens (AKT) at stake, and special prizes like our Akash Supermini.
Use your technical and strategic prowess to out-maneuver opponents on your way to ultimate victory! Play as an individual or as part of a team.
May the most tenacious of you win.
Let the games begin!
The Akashian Challenge Phase 1:
Phase 1 comprises four separate week-long stages with different objectives. Participants earn tokens by solving different challenges related to operating and validating the Akash Blockchain. The challenges will range from setting up Akash nodes to governing the network.
- Bring a network live in a decentralized manner with a minimum set of 64 validators
- Verify and test network upgrade procedures, identify and fix any gaps
- Stress test the network to understand scalability parameters
- Drive community participation for contributions to code and documentation
- Encourage engagement across teams for a self-sustaining ecosystem
During Phase 1, we’ll be testing four releases of Akash Network in the span of four weeks starting April 30th, 2020:
- Each of these releases have important milestones published here.
- Instructions for getting started on Centauri are published here.
- Instructions for each release will be published before the week begins.
Phase 1 has four categories of rewards a team can earn by completing tasks for the category. Each participant can earn up to 67,556 AKT. A detailed reward schedule for Phase 1 is published here. Below is a summary:
Centauri is the first release of the testnet and has three critical milestones that eventually lead to the launch of the network on May 8th, 2020 1600 UTC.
Follow the Phase 1 guide for instructions.
- Registration: Submit the form here. Once the form is submitted, our team will review the information and integrate the information into a publicly viewable spreadsheet for tracking.
- KYC/AML: Complete KYC/AML here. This is required to claim rewards, but not for participation.
- Tax Documents: W-8 BEN or W9. Once your KYC application is approved, our team will send either a W-8 BEN for international participants or a W9 via HelloSign.
- Status: The status of your participation agreement will be tracked along with the other registration information. We will also notify you upon completion or rejection of any submitted participation agreements.
Visit The Akashian Challenge page for a detailed schedule of rewards. A total of 3 million AKT (3% of AKT) is allocated for rewards that include:
- 64 Finalist Rewards
- One-Off Challenges
- Phase Completion
- Top 5, 10, 20 Finalists
- Bi-Weekly Winners
- Bonus Challenges
Get the Latest Updates
Join our Telegram for the latest announcements and news.